Aion Heroes Forums
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

[Guide] How to downgrade from 4.5 to 4.0 client

Go down

[Guide] How to downgrade from 4.5 to 4.0 client Empty [Guide] How to downgrade from 4.5 to 4.0 client

Post by Penoza Fri Mar 21, 2014 7:24 pm

How do I know what version is my client?
Check the Version.ini file that is inside the main Aion folder.

I am a new player, how could I play in this server?
You must download NCsoft's client and then apply this downgrade
NCsoft launcher link: ftp://ftp.ncsoft.com/aioninstaller/AionInstaller.exe

How to downgrade:
You will need to download these 3 compressed .rar files, paste them in your Main Aion folder, right click on them and select "Extract here", keep in mind that you must NOT delete anything, just replace all the files with the ones in this guide

Main downgrade: Mediafire
Map files part 1 : Mediafire
Map files part 2 : Mediafire

Main Aion folder? These are the most common:
C:\Program Files\NCSoft\Aion
C:\Program Files (x86)\NCSoft\Aion

If it's not there, and you are sure you've installed it but you don't know where, you can try searching for it using the Windows Search function, you can use as keyword the following files "sc_renew.dat", "Aion.bin", "Version.ini", "system.cfg"

Do I have to download the Map files? COME ON 2 GB!?
Yes, NCsoft changed the structure of those map files to be a bit more compressed, however the 4.0 client needs the 4.0 map files to work so that's why

Known bugs:

1. Abyss Rank not displaying the Abyss Points Required to be 1-Star Officer and higher, which was kind of useless, that is not the actual rank the servers are following, it follows the actual "Rank" (Left Column). For example; The player with the highest amount of Abyss Points will be the governor and there will be only 1 per faction.
  2. While creating a Technist, Aethertech's skills can't be previewed
  3. If you get errors before getting at the Login Screen, download this, move it to the Aion folder, right click > Extract here, and replace everything. Link: Levels

NOTE: Ask me if you need help to install this downgrade file .

Regards
Penoza

Last edited by Vinlicious on Sun Jun 22, 2014 11:54 am; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : re-coloryze a bit)
Penoza
Penoza
Aion Newbie

Jumlah posting : 11
Lokasi : Depok ID

http://soundcloud.com/melvinne-deejay

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum